Dental implants are surgical-grade root devices that support permanent tooth prosthetics that are manufactured to last a lifetime. These artificial roots are anchored in the bone beneath the gums where they become fused into the jaw. A crown is mounted atop the implant for a long-lasting and natural looking smile. Many dentists and patients prefer dental implants because they offer the same function as natural teeth and also help prevent bone atrophy in the jaw. Dental implants may be used to replace a single missing or damaged tooth or to restore an entire smile.
Dental implants allow people who have lost teeth to enjoy the function, appearance and permanence that their natural teeth once provided. Understanding the basic principles of implant dentistry can make your decision about whether or not a dental implant is right for you much simpler.
Dr. Nemeth, Dr. Katranji and their staff work very hard to limit pain that our patients feel both during the procedure and after. Our patients often experience little to no pain or discomfort.
How Will Dental Implants Improve Your Life?
- Permanently replace missing teeth
- Avoid the hassle and discomfort of denture creams and adhesives
- Eat and speak naturally and comfortably
- Avoid the bone loss commonly associated with missing teeth
- Keep your remaining teeth healthy and intact
- Attain a more beautiful smile
- Increase your self-confidence