Gum disease is a significant oral health concern affecting millions of Americans. It can lead to tooth loss, bone loss, and even systemic health issues if left untreated. The LANAP (Laser-Assisted New Attachment Therapy) procedure is a breakthrough treatment option accessible at our Southfield, MI office.
Here are some of the numerous advantages of the LANAP procedure:
- Minimal invasiveness: Unlike conventional gum surgery, LANAP is a minimally invasive treatment. Patients will experience less discomfort, less bleeding, and faster recovery as a result.
- LANAP has been demonstrated to be highly successful in treating even the most advanced stages of gum disease. In fact, it has been demonstrated to be equally as successful as conventional surgery, but with far less side effects.
- The LANAP treatment targets and eliminates only sick tissue while maintaining as much good tissue as feasible.
- The LANAP technique is conducted with a laser, eliminating the need for scalpels and stitches.
- Due to the minimally invasive nature of the LANAP technique, patients can often resume regular activities much sooner than following conventional surgery.
- Saves teeth: The LANAP technique can frequently save teeth that would have been extracted otherwise.
- The LANAP procedure has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of periodontal disease.
Dr. Joseph Nemeth is a highly skilled and experienced periodontist who specializes in the LANAP surgery in Southfield, Michigan. He is one of the few dentists in the region who is qualified and licensed to undertake this complex procedure. If you have gum disease and are looking for a more effective and less intrusive treatment alternative, LANAP may be appropriate for you. Contact Dr. Nemeth’s office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Nemeth and see if the LANAP surgery is your best option.